AVAILABLE 24/7: (352) 512-0444


Can I bring a Florida wrongful death action based on the death of a child or an elderly person?

Florida allows for lawsuits for the wrongful death of people. Whether you can bring the lawsuit or not depends upon some other matters. For instance, an estate has to be set up for the deceased person, whether it’s a child or a parent, and then a personal representative has to be named in the estate and that personal representative would then bring the suit on behalf of the deceased person. In order to determine whether you can bring a wrongful death accident in Florida, you would need to call an attorney, talk to him about the facts of the case and then make that determination.

What can I do if the person who caused the death is uninsured?

If you have a relative or a loved one that was killed as a result of the negligence of another, and you find out that they did not have insurance, your uninsured motorist coverage, or the person who died, their uninsured motorist coverage, would come into play. So, you would need to find out right away whether you have uninsured motorist coverage with your own insurance company, and then they would step in the shoes of the at-fault party, and that’s where you would get your money damages from.