AVAILABLE 24/7: (352) 512-0444


What should a victim do if approached with a settlement by an insurance company?

If you’ve been injured as a pedestrian, and you’re approached by the at-fault party’s insurance company with a settlement, I would highly advise that you seek council from an experienced personal injury attorney, to talk about the facts of your case and the situation that you find yourself in, because there may be instances where you could jeopardize your claim or other claims that you have. For instance, if you have uninsured motorist coverage, then you would need permission from your own insurance company before accepting that settlement. Secondly, if the person that hit you is driving a car owned by somebody else, there could be an additional policy of insurance that will cover your claim. So I would suggest that you speak with a qualified attorney and then you can make an informed decision.

What should I do if I am injured as a pedestrian in Florida?

If you’re injured as a pedestrian in Florida, the first thing you should do is try to find out the identity of the driver of the car that hit you and the owner of the car that hit you. The second thing that you need to do is make sure you get medical treatment for your injuries. Also, you need to report this accident to your car insurance company because you have PIP benefits, which are no-fault benefits that will help you with your medical bills. Finally, I would advise that you contact a qualified attorney to discuss the facts and circumstances of your case to make sure that you get all the benefits that you can from the at-fault party’s insurance as well as your own.